During holidays your children spend most of their time in their cubby houses. These are good entertainment for the children, but you have to be careful so that they play safely. Here are some tips to avoid any injury or accident while playing in the cubby house.
- You must make sure that the cubby house is appropriate for your children. For example, you cannot allow your 4-year-old child to play in a cubby house meant for 8-year-old kids. You should consider the height and the type of equipment you have there, like the swings and climbing nets. Make sure they are safe and in good condition.
- You must make sure that your cubby house is in a safe place. You should ensure that there are boundaries and your children won’t get any access to the road nearby or driveways. You should also make sure that they can’t climb on the roof. You should position your cubby house in a way that you can observe what your children are doing there.
- You should make sure that your cubby house is smoothly sanded so that there is no scrapes, splinters, and grazes. You should make sure that there is soft landing area from the cubby house, such as grass.
- You should use children-friendly material while constructing cubby houses. Make sure that the timber you use is arsenic free so that there is not a chance of attack from white ants or termites which may ruin your cubby house.
- You should maintain your cubby house and the surrounding areas well. You should check for insects or spiders from time to time. You should make sure that everything is properly anchored. You should keep your backyard clean to avoid trip hazards.
Even if you build your cubby house in the safest way, make sure that you supervise your children all the time. Keep your garden or backyard always clean so that the children can play safely in their cubby house. If you would like to browse our products in store check out our store location.